Senior Financial Analyst at Ascension
Sr. Financial Analyst
Remote: Fully remote
What You Will Do
Performs financial analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information for potential merger, acquisition, joint venture and divestiture targets.
- Prepare, analyze and refine pro-forma models, valuation models and historical financial statements to be utilized by executive sponsors in the assessment of potential merger, acquisition and partnership opportunities.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of transactional due diligence, including data collection and organization, collaboration with cross-functional teams and communication with key external stakeholders. Works to ensure timely completion of due diligence efforts, including the organization and management of virtual data rooms, tracking data collection progress and the timely dissemination of pertinent data to the appropriate stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Provide support to cross-functional teams in the development of tailored and concise reports summarizing the findings and recommendations around key diligence work streams, with a focus on identification and analysis of potential business issues, regulatory concerns, financial exposure and operational synergies.
- Provide analytical support to the core transaction team and executive sponsors, including strategic business case analysis, normalization of historical operating results, payer mix review, service line optimization, productivity and benchmark reporting. Support the process of monitoring national healthcare trends and ratios and assist in the analysis and communication of their impact on prospective financial performance. Identify, develop and advance best practices in financial and capital planning.
- Utilizes knowledge of appropriate financial and accounting methods and systems to assist with reporting and analysis as required. Prepares financial information for internal and external distribution as needed.
- Support the communication of appropriate and relevant financial and operational information and trends by initiating the development of actionable analysis as a basis in making management decisions, including ROI, IRR and NPV projections.
- Analyze and interpret strategic, financial and operational reports, including balance sheet, income statement, changes in net assets, cash flow, statistical and ratio analysis, and analysis of capital requirements. Follow-up with internal and external counterparts to resolve questions. Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Three years of technical experience is preferred
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.