- Leads a cross-regional quarterly labor expense targeting and forecasting process focused on transparency, accuracy, and financial improvement.
- Partners cross-functionally to understand underlying retail business drivers and utilizes this knowledge to partner in the development of forecasting models consistent with company goals.
- Leads weekly, monthly, and quarterly performance reviews and opportunity identification for all stores.
- Shares performance review insights with the financial business analysis team and regional leadership for further short-term action plan development.
- Minimum of 4+ years of financial analysis/reporting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, finance or accounting (MBA or CPA preferred).
- Experience in enterprise performance solutions – Adaptive Insights, SQL, MicroStrategy, Workday, Tableau software a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced ability to use Excel for data manipulations, pivot tables, power bi, complex and nested formulas and charting.
- Possess superb knowledge and understanding of financial systems, financial planning and analysis, and accounting principles.
- Strong ability to compile, monitor, examine and audit financial statements, reports, and accounts.
- Planning/Forecasting experience is a strong plus, preferably experience in a dynamic, scenario-driven rolling forecast environment with a strong focus on accuracy.
- Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions creatively and logically.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present information in different forums and with all/multiple levels of leadership.
- Positive attitude, ability to work well and fast under pressure, exceptional customer service attitude.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, as well as be a team player.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Whole Foods Market principles and core values.
- Align and influence decision making through operational reporting and dashboards, bringing together high-level financial measures and item level competitive and category analytics to support decision making.
- Provide daily, weekly and periodic updates on results and projections with insight into operational opportunities based on variance and relationship analysis.
- Manage the weekly reporting responsibilities, offering insight and updates to operations and leadership regarding financial performance.
- Builds and partners with a strong FP&A network across Whole Foods Market’s global and regional support teams to learn, incorporate, and share best practices to better support the team.
- Organize and drive enhancements to the global financial reporting portfolio as required.
- Supports alignment and communication to the leadership team through the effective use of PowerPoint, when required.
- The above describes the general requirements for the position. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements as the business and needs evolve.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.