Senior Financial Analyst at Ascension
At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
What You Will Do
As the Senior Financial Analyst, you will perform analysis and reporting regarding financial operations and information.
- Perform statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources.
- Assist with the financial planning processes.
- Serve as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains complex and significant journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analyses, prepares variance analysis and trend reporting.
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Investigate / research open items, resolve issues and prepare required journal entries as needed.
- Evaluates compliance with System Financial policies and procedures, assists in development of common accounting practices, reconciliations, and accurate financial reporting in accordance with System policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Google suite and Excel experience preferred
- CPA prefered or working towards CPA
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.