Senior Financial Reporting and Technical Accountant at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Reporting and Technical Accountant to join Procore’s Accounting team. In this role, you’ll research complex accounting and reporting issues, collaborate with business partners to collect relevant information, perform technical accounting analyses, prepare periodic SEC filings including Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K, and work. Your goal in this role is to support and help optimize the financial reporting and technical accounting functional workstream.
This position reports into the Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager, and will be based in our Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will also be considered. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Draft complex technical accounting memos and solve new accounting matters as we continue to scale, including leases (ASC 842), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), and other technical accounting topics
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly and annual earnings releases, periodic SEC filings, and regulatory disclosure.
- Assist in building out the SEC reporting function and process as a newly public company
- Prepare underlying disclosure supporting schedules and the quarterly and annual GAAP checklist
- Conduct research, interpretation, and implementation of authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance applicable to non-recurring transactions
- Partner with key functional business teams to collect information and documentation necessary to complete technical accounting analyses
- Assist in external audit coordination and internal audit reviews
- Support the compilation of quarterly Board and Audit Committee reporting
- Prepare monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations for certain accounts
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or another related field required
- CPA license or in the process of completing the licensing preferred
- 3+ years of US GAAP accounting experience required across Big 4 audit and corporate accounting environments, at least 1 year of SEC Reporting experience preferred
- Exceptional technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP and understanding of SEC financial reporting requirements
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects, and deliverables
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.