Senior GL Accountant at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
ESO is seeking an experienced general accounting professional to drive process improvements in the month-end closing process and help build a best-in-class function. The Senior GL Accountant will help certify the accurate and timely execution of the closing processes. An individual who is highly organized and can prioritize diverse and competing tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance you will be part of our Accounting and Finance team.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
· Prepare monthly journal entries across numerous sections of the Chart of Accounts
· Prepare reconciliations and analysis of various balance sheet and P&L accounts
· Research, document and implement the impact of current accounting standards
· Participate in the month-end close process
· Review contracts and identify accounting impact
· Propose and implement processes to improve the monthly close
· Lead the coordination between the accounting team and external auditors to support the external audit
· Engage in other accounting projects, such as financial reporting, implementation of ERP and software
Who You Are - the essentials
· Knowledge of technical accounting; such as options and equity, purchase accounting, leases, etc.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel and spreadsheet
· Experience in the accounting close and monthly reporting processes
· 3+ years of experience in a corporate accounting position
· A passion for teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility
· Acute attention to detail
· Outstanding communication skills – including written and verbal communications, interpersonal, analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to juggle multiple high priorities and have a willingness to learn
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· CPA or chartered accountant
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description