At Procore, our Internal Audit functions are more than a cost center—we add significant value in improving the business from the inside out. As a highly motivated Senior Internal Auditor, you won’t just tick boxes, you’ll help build a brand for internal audits where you’ll drive efficiency across the business. The Internal Audit department is planned to grow significantly in the coming years with opportunities to expand your career.
This role will report to our Director, Internal Audit & Enterprise Risk Management and can work remotely from the US during Pacific Time business hours. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Build relationships and liaise across various business groups including finance, accounting, deal desk, sales, legal and IT System owners to ensure all changes to the QTC process are updated within the control environment
- Ensure controls are designed and operating effectively to address all financial risks, in particular the hand-offs between departments
- Perform annual and quarterly update risk assessments and scoping over the QTC process to ensure the appropriate SOX controls are in place to address financial statement reporting risks
- Assist in the overall execution of the SOX and internal audit scoping including planning, reporting, and documenting processes, building and coordinating test plans, and ensuring deficiencies are properly supported, tracked and and communicated to leadership
- Conduct operational internal audits by Independently managing ad-hoc advisory engagements with minimal oversight; partner with process owners to validate and agree findings, root cause, and recommendations
- Analyze trends in enterprise risks, report to management, and escalate developments that might indicate changes in risk profile; develop platform for monthly reporting of Risk Management metrics
What we’re looking for:
- Accounting Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, MS and/or MBA preferred; CPA strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting/consulting or 1+ years in public accounting and 2+ years as an in-house internal auditor with a strong revenue background
- Experience working on SOX programs for 404b SOX-compliant public companies
- Technical experience
- US GAAP, SOX, and COSO
- In-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 605 and ASC 606)
- Various SaaS applications (e.g., Netsuite, RevPro, Salesforce, Zuora) preferred
- Understanding of the full end-to-end quote to cash (QTC) process and the downstream US GAAP revenue recognition under ASC 606 and Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR)
- Ability to build strong partnerships and continually foster alignment where there is uncertainty or ambiguity over roles or processes with cross-functional teams across the business
- Anticipate changes to Procore’s control environment by having a thorough understanding of changes to the overall business
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.