RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Core Operations team at RigUp is hiring a Sr. Manager, Financial Operations who will be responsible for leading a team that connects the dots between the transaction operations team inside our verticals and the accounting group to ensure revenue quality and protect and grow our margins.
This role leads and manages strategic efforts at the company and organization levels with a focus on revenue optimization, dispute management and process improvements of RigUp’s transaction operations within Core Operations. Working cross-functionally with high-level stakeholders, you will be directly responsible for the integration and success of our acquisitions both from a financial system perspective but also an acquired talent one. This is a high impact role reporting directly to the Director of Core Operations. Success in this role involves an ability to think critically and creatively, support a fast-paced organization, plan and execute effectively.
This role involves significant interaction with the broader operations and accounting groups, legal & product teams, sales organization, etc to drive change and solve complex problems. Our ideal candidate for this role is someone who is financially well-rounded: analytical yet a great leader, strategically minded yet gets into the weeds, with a killer attention to detail while still able to create the big picture.
Sound like you? Keep Reading!
What you'll be doing:
- Enable Rigup to achieve key metrics; throughput, invoicing disputes and additional key metrics aligned with objectives
- Manage the financial integration and training for all new acquisitions to ensure integration optimization and key metric success
- Independently plan, lead and execute on complex finance projects collaborating across RigUp and relevant cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate cross-functionally for root problem identification and solutions with a systemic thinking approach, effecting change in both product solutions but also operational solutions
- Manage the documentation and diligence processes and facilitate trainings to meet the established key training goals and ROI
- Optimize the key processes where current platform gaps exist, and ensure necessary feedback loops with Product and Engineering teams for feature enhancement
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships with product, sales & other teams, maintaining effective communication channels
- Maintain continuous alignment of our wider team efforts on projects which have high impact on RigUp’s finance and accounting processes, employee and customer experiences
- Continuously assess the impact of the ever evolving marketplace landscape on our business
- Prepare detailed analyses, plans, milestones, deliverable's and overall status updates for projects.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, MBA preferred
- 8+ years of work experience, with leadership positions in accounting and high growth environments
- Significant & relevant experience in multi-national, high-growth public companies or in large accounting firms
- Accounting and financial systems, processes & technology expertise
- Customer driven mindset, focused on value creation
- Adaptability and attention to detail
- Analytical and systemic thinking
- Integration and M&A experience
- Big 4 audit or management consulting experience a plus
- Salesforce, NetSuite, Paylocity experience
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description