As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise strives for operational excellence by providing industry leading value to our consultants. We're hiring a Sr Manager, Payment Operations that will be responsible for managing a fast-paced multi-state payroll of 10,000+ W-2 consultants and 1099 vendors. If you have compassion for customer service, a roll-up your sleeves and get things done attitude, paired with a drive for data accuracy and continuous improvement, this could be the opportunity for you! We’re a team of high-achieving, low ego, detail-oriented problem solvers who come to work every day looking to make a difference in our consultant’s lives.What You'll Be Doing
- Manage a payroll team that processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll cycles for multiple subsidiaries while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Manage an accounts payable team that processes daily payments for 1099 consultants and weekly payments to field vendors
- Design processes with appropriate levels of control and oversight for outgoing payments and updates to payment information
- Ensure the team performs and executed the integration of payroll and payments activity of acquired subsidiaries as part of M&A support
- Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our platform
- Set appropriate department goals and KPIs to measure success: effectively communicate performance metrics for the team to cross functional leaders
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying current on existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintain payroll and payments staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Mentor and coach direct reports, payroll and accounts payable managers, who in turn manage dedicated teams by pay policy
What You Should Have
- 8+ years of accounting or payroll administration experience
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong knowledge of best practices with respect to cash management and control
- Demonstrate solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
More than a job:
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Who we are:
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.