BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2020 is looking for a Senior Manager to act as Payments Growth Consultant. As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for helping BigCommerce merchants adopt Payment Partners, to help drive their growth and success. You will report to the Director of Business Development and partner closely with the Partner Managers and Partner Marketing to execute against strategic marketing plans by providing and enabling valuable consulting and sales motions to drive adoption of the partner solutions with BigCommerce Merchants and help Partner’s efforts to promote BigCommerce to its customers. In this partner-facing and merchant-facing role, you will be the primary point of contact within the Payment Partnerships team for our cross-functional counterparts within Cross-Sell, Customer Success and Sales. In this senior Individual Contributor role, you will be responsible for meeting PSR and MRR revenue targets sourced from within our existing merchant base.
You ideally have a sales / consulting background with Payment/eCommerce experience, and bring an ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders, including both internal and external senior executives. Most importantly, you are revenue oriented, a self-starter, with a proven track record of providing problem-solving leadership and meeting revenue targets via solutions-based consultative sales best-practices
What You’ll Do
- Establish the Payments internal consulting function
- Leverage your knowledge of Payments, combined with your ecommerce, marketing, communication and analytical abilities to help promote strategic partners to our merchants
- Manage a pipeline of Merchant consulting opportunities, that help achieve merchant goals by introducing them to key payment tech and agency partners to effectively execute on their payment growth strategies
- Along with Cross Sell, Sales, Customer Success, and Partner Marketing, you will design and execute strategic marketing plans with key partners that deliver strategic consulting and partner referral motions that ultimately help our merchants onboard to and succeed with payment partners
- Actively drive awareness and excitement of BigCommerce within our partner organizations, and their customers, via enablement, campaigns or events, driving payment success for our merchants and thereby new subscriptions to BigCommerce
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues and broader team.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas.
- Develop a thorough understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners. Develop and maintain accurate reports including pipeline, forecast, leads, opportunities and closed won reports.
- Travel occasionally to meet with partners/merchants to develop key relationships and/or provide consultative support to internal teams.
Who you are:
- 7+ years experience managing payment partnerships and coordinating and designing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced start-up environment. Ideally at a $50M+ company
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, business or similar field preferred.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients.
- An achiever that thrives on challenges and has a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition-driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- A great marketer who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to skillfully negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining strong relationships.
- A master communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills.
- Cool under pressure and able to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Analytical with a high degree of business acumen, along with the ability to provide consistent, accurate forecasts
- Able to travel as needed.