As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Manager, Payroll Operations that will be responsible for managing a fast-paced multi-state payroll of 10,000+ W-2 consultants. If you have compassion for customer service, a roll-up your sleeves and get things done attitude, paired with a drive for data accuracy and continuous improvement, this could be the opportunity for you!
Why Join us? We’re a team of high-achieving, low ego, detail-oriented problem solvers who come to work every day looking to make a difference in our consultant’s lives.What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a multi level payroll org that processes weekly and bi-weekly payroll cycles for multiple subsidiaries while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Design processes with appropriate levels of control and oversight for outgoing payments and updates to payment information
- Ensure the team performs and executes the integration of payroll activity of acquired subsidiaries as part of M&A support
- Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our platform
- Set appropriate department goals and KPIs to measure success: effectively communicate performance metrics for the team to cross functional leaders
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by staying current on existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintain payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Mentor and coach direct reports, payroll managers, who in turn manage dedicated teams by pay policy
- 8+ years of accounting or payroll administration experience
- 5+ years of experience managing direct reports (including management) in a multi-level global org
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong knowledge of best practices with respect to cash management and control
- Demonstrate solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!