BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Revenue Accountant to own and oversee all revenue-related processes for the company.What You’ll Do:Assist with monthly revenue accounting close efforts, including reconciliations of key accounts and analysis of results
- Evaluate contracts to identify areas of complexity and ensure compliance with GAAP
- Perform technical accounting research, when necessary, to ensure proper compliance with GAAP
- Collaboratively work with FP&A to assist in the forecasting process and analysis of results
- Identify and implement process improvements throughout the revenue cycle with a focus on revenue automation
- Assist in the year-end audit process by actively working with external auditors to provide relevant support for revenue related items
- Assist in the assessment, design and testing of key controls around the revenue process including implementation of SOX.
- 5+ years experience either in corporate and/or public accounting
- 1+ years experience with SaaS revenue recognition
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Very strong technical accountant, proficient in US GAAP, especially as it pertains to revenue recognition
- Experience with SaaS-based accounting and business applications (experience with Zuora revenue/RevPro a major plus)
- Highly analytical, with ability to dig into large amounts of data and summarize key findings potential recommendations
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent communication skills
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.