Senior Tax Accountant
ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. Our team is in need of an exceptional Senior Tax Accountant who is looking for the next chapter in his /her career who has the accounting knowledge, administrative skills, and project management capabilities to be a proven value-add to our customer-focused practice and our growing tax team.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT
Our Senior Tax Accountant must possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic evolving environment. You will work alongside the Tax Manager in managing consulting, compliance, and various tax projects at ScaleFactor. You will be the main ScaleFactor contact for many tax matters and will be responsible for several ongoing projects which includes operational accounting projects, general consulting, as well as other advisory projects (e.g. M&A transactions). Additionally, the position allows for the opportunity to directly impact other areas of ScaleFactor, both now and in the future.
- Problem-solving and proactive decision-making
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple customers’ needs concurrently
- Sound understanding of the Federal Tax Code and tax concepts for Partnerships, Corporations, and Individuals, along with the ability to communicate these to customers and other members of the team
- Adaptability and resourcefulness to drive results
- Highly self-motivated and versatile
- Ability to do research to support tax positions in various issues
- Understanding of financial accounting Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ability to analyze a company’s books and records, as well as financial reporting
- Technology savvy, can-do attitude and approach
Our senior tax accountant is comfortable having responsibilities which will include but not limited to the following:
- Preparing customer Federal and State income tax returns, tax consulting projects, research projects, and assisting with other tax compliance issues
- Assessing customer’s current practices and offering insight into changes to meet compliance requirements and/or reduce tax obligations
- Completing financial analysis of business operations, customer financial records, and providing support in order to determine book-to-tax changes required for tax purposes
- Driving tax compliance process from beginning-to-end, including verifying customer information, work paper preparation and review
- Managing customer expectations to meet deadlines and prioritize tax work
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Masters in Accounting – Tax Focus preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with customer-facing work experience
- 2-4 years of public accounting and/or industry experience, experience in public accounting preferred
- Experience with a wide variety of tax return filings including Corporations, Partnerships, S-corporations, and Individuals; Non-profit and International compliance experience is a plus!
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 - 2019 - Enjoy amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brews & snacks
- Join us at our exciting new headquarters in hip East Austin
BE OUR NEXT SENIOR TAX ACCOUNTANT!
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete senior tax accountant application online