Senior Tax Accountant at Q2
Q2 Software, Inc. is a rapidly growing software company that is quickly changing the banking software market. We have been named to the Inc. 500 three years in a row as well as Austin’s best places to work. The Accounting department at Q2 offers a hard-to-find dynamic work environment that welcomes innovative ideas, rewards hard work and commitment, exposes its members to growth opportunities, and encourages evolution of individuals, methodologies, processes and systems.
The focus of the Senior Tax Accountant is to be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of all aspects of the organization’s federal, state, local, and international tax compliance and to assist with the preparation of the global tax provision and returns. The Senior Tax Accountant should be familiar with a variety of tax related concepts, practices, and procedures, specifically indirect tax. This position reports to the Director, Global Taxation.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage US sales tax process with overseas team. Conduct multi-state taxability research.
- Review purchase invoices monthly for proper use tax determination.
- Responsible for franchise, property, withholding, and indirect taxes at the state, local, and international levels
- Register entities in new jurisdictions for sales/use tax, business and occupation licenses, or gross receipts tax as necessary
- Prepare annual nexus analysis for direct and indirect tax compliance
- Responsible for coordinating annual report preparation for all states
- Assist with information gathering for audits with various taxation authorities
- Coordinate outsourced global tax provision and return preparation to ensure accurate, timely tax payments and compliance, including:
- Gather information for external tax advisors
- Prepare state tax calculations
- Assist with preparation of FIN 48 analysis
- Assist with information gathering of R&D tax credit studies and other tax projects
- Identify and assist with the implementation of process improvement ideas in tax processes
- Document procedures and processes for all job functions
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of 8 years of related experience; or an advanced degree with 6+ years of experience; or equivalent related work experience. Preferably including a combination of public accounting and industry
CPA certification/EA certification or candidate is preferred
Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office Suite of products
NetSuite, Concur, Blackline, Avalara and SalesForce experience a plus
Must have account reconciliation and strong analytical, problem-solving skills
Strong work ethic with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Highly efficient and always looking for ways to improve processes
Ability to perform independently while working in a team environment
Organized individual who thrives in fast paced environment
At Q2, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive workforce that fosters mutual respect for our employees and the communities we serve. Q2 is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.