Senior Tax Analyst at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Amherst Group (“TAG”) is looking to hire a Senior Tax Analyst that would be responsible for federal, state, and local tax compliance and planning. The position will work with accounting, planning, and business functions, to respond to strategic and tax law changes, with the goal to help the business grow, and minimize tax. The Senior Tax Analyst will support our budgets, forecasts, cash planning, and tax payments, as well as work with outside advisors to prepare tax returns, and estimates. The ideal candidate will possess federal, state tax compliance experience. We are looking to hire someone who is process-oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, as well enjoys working with executive leadership.
Senior Tax Analyst Responsibilities
- Small team, so mixture of compliance and planning opportunities.
- Support estimated tax calculations and annual compliance process,
- Review or prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual tax filings, including partnership returns, REIT returns and corporate returns.
- Review of income tax returns prepared by outside tax consultants for multiple entities doing business in different states
- Assist in coordinating and monitoring tax compliance efforts of outside tax consultants
- Assist and/or manage tax related special projects when requested. Projects would have mixture of technical tax planning and work with accounting and business to get information or execute.
- Multiple opportunities for career advancement
- Excellent work-life balance
- Have 3 or more years of corporate tax experience (prefer experience working with a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm)
- Be intellectually curious and open to leveraging your existing tax knowledge and possess a history of success learning new areas. Experience with real estate or asset management a plus,
- CPA License and/or a bachelors degree in accounting, taxation
- General understanding of key concepts under U.S. GAAP, and how those rules impact tax,
- Confident, ability to work by oneself, but also work with team and cross functional groups,
- Strong communications skills. Team focused personality, and the ability to work along your fellow colleagues is crucial. He, or she must be able to effectively collaborate.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; the ability to articulate complex information to senior and executive leadership in operations
- Be highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.