Tax Senior (CPA) – Legal Zoom
Come join LegalZoom as a Tax Senior! LegalZoom is building the next frontier of services for our customers: business tax advisory and preparation. In this role, you’ll work to serve our small business customers by providing tailored advice on tax-related issues, help them navigate business tax planning, and file business taxes on their behalf.
This role is an exciting opportunity for tax professionals with a passion for working with small business customers and empowering them to succeed in a dynamic new part of the LegalZoom team. You’ll be expected to help us build systems and tools to serve our small business customers, and you’ll be at the frontier of the business tax experience as we test and learn how to best offer our service.
Role responsibilities include:
- Prepare personal and business tax returns (Forms: 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 1120S) across the United States, including signing returns
- Provide tax advisory and planning services to small business customers
- Interact with clients digitally (video conference and over the phone) to provide tax advisory and support – understanding tax obligations, helping with tax planning, helping businesses track and maximize deductions, etc.
- Provide delightful, high-quality customer service while utilizing company practices and procedures to answer routine tax questions and documenting interactions with clients
- Review tax returns prepared by other members on the team and manage for high-quality output
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Taxation with a CPA designation
- 2-5 years of experience in tax preparation and tax advisory, with working knowledge of federal and state tax compliance
- Experience using tax software such as Lacerte or ProConnect and bookkeeping software (Quickbooks Online preferred)
- Exceptional level of attention to detail and accountability to high-quality tax preparation standards
- Enthusiasm for serving customers and working on a team with other like-minded tax experts, especially in a dynamic and evolving work environment
- Experience using accounting software such as QuickBooks Online and/or Xero
- High-quality communication skills (written and oral)
- Excel at organization and problem solving with strong time-management skills
- Must be eligible to work in the US
LegalZoom is a trusted leader in the technology platform space that gives the world access to professional legal advice. From starting a new business to assisting on protecting families, contracts to copyrights, trademarks to trust – we are a leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses. Since its founding over 15 years ago, LegalZoom has helped millions of Americans with efficient and simplified legal help. Whether you want to explore specific legal options or connect with an independent attorney, be empowered to take care of important legal needs and protect what matters most.
Make the difference and join us as we build our future and deliver on our mission!
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.