SFA, Customer Experience
Are you a self-starter who can work independently with minimal direct supervision while working as an integral part of a global team?
Are you able to analyze and interpret data to identify business trends and craft the story behind the drivers for a wide public with diverse backgrounds?
Do you have experience building, developing, and maintaining financial business models that can be used to effectively lead a line of business?
Vrbo is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst at their headquarters in Austin, Texas. This role is a part of Vrbo’s Strategy and Platform Finance team reporting to the team’s Sr. Manager. This team is responsible for business partnering and supporting key initiatives for Vrbo and across Expedia Brands, through development of analysis to support financial tradeoffs across regions and lines of business for optimal return. The Senior Financial analyst is responsible for the financial planning, business monitoring and reporting, long term planning, and supporting strategic initiatives for the Customer Experience team.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the Finance Lead, providing direct support to the Sr. VP of Customer Experience, the Sr. VP's staff, and finance leadership by effectively monitoring the business using analytics to predict financial outcomes including weekly tracking of head count and spend cadence, monthly reporting and trending, quarterly forecast and annual budgeting.
- Maintain FP&A models and reporting to ensure accuracy and alignment to financial systems of record, chart of accounts, and business offerings
- Consolidate the global Customer Experience financial story on a weekly and monthly basis, bringing a common lens to varying regions, surfacing global trends, and reporting on key metrics
Share actual-budget variances with business partners and with counterparts in Austin (global HQ), Europe & Australia
Be the right-hand person for all things Customer Experience related, including all analysis and planning and provisioning for reserves utilizing metrics and trends.
Synthesize the financial story into executive level presentations to communicate financial results, surface trends and report key business.
Partner with other Vrbo finance teams to ensure the alignment of the FP&A forecast with current business trends and operational initiatives
Drive efficiencies in the Finance organization by identifying process deficiencies, offering viable and scalable solutions and driving cross-departmental teamwork to implement those solutions.
To be successful in this role, ideally you will:
- Communicate effectively at various levels in the organization within Finance and outside of Finance
- Easily mesh in a dynamic and fast-moving team and adapt with change as the organization requires it
- Have strong critical thinking skills, an innate sense of curiosity, and an aptitude for picking up new information quickly
- Synthesize data and utilize business insight to identify key goals and leading indicators to predict outcomes and monitor health of the business
- Think independently and use sound judgement when to use decision rights and when an escalation is required
Portray a strong presence and be very articulate both verbally and written
- Experience in summarizing and synthesizing large amounts of data (both quantitative and qualitative)
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail – accuracy is a necessity
- Experience interacting with executive level members, be able to confidently and accurately tell the story and provide a recommendation
Who You Are:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
5 to 10 years of relevant work experience in finance-based roles. including executive level partnership and an emphasis in cost and head count
Experience working for a technology / ecommerce company
Experience developing models in Excel “from scratch”, and improving the efficiency and accuracy in existing models
Validated experience utilizing Excel skills to solve business problems, including such tools as VLookUp, HLookUp, SumIf, SumProduct and IndexMatch
Experience analyzing large volumes of data with an ability to synthesize it into trends and actionable recommendations
Experience forecasting headcount and expense, managing to budget for multiple departments
OLAP based financial planning software experience such as Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, Cognos.
Experience building executive level presentations in PowerPoint
Ability to work effectively in team environments, particularly cross-functional teams
Solid time management and multi-tasking abilities
Foundational understanding of US GAAP Accounting
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.