Reporting to the Global Controller, this role is a key member of the team responsible for supporting the management and delivery of selected key finance initiatives and the evolution of an effective control environment to support the ongoing growth of the Vrbo business.
The role will work closely with other members of Vrbo’s Finance team, the wider business unit, and also Expedia Inc.’s matrix functions such as Accounting, Treasury, Tax and the Finance Intake program for Vrbo’s business initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Finance contact for product and finance initiatives, supporting the Global Controller with ensuring that proposals are in line with Vrbo’s overall strategy, Expedia Inc.’s control environment and align to the needs of central corporate functions
- Process and systems:
- Assist with continually developing and improving processes and systems, as needed, keeping pace with business changes and market best practice; ensure that areas of financial risk (or where SOX controls exist)are adequately documented
- Ensure that for any finance or business initiative that a full understanding of financial process flows, risks and governance exists and is implemented
- Update process documentation where a change in process has resulted in a change in financial controls
- Maintain and update process documentation from a financial review perspective
- Control and Internal Audit:
- Support the process of maintaining and developing financial controls within Vrbo, making certain robust processes and best practice are adhered to by control owners
- Work with Expedia Inc. Corporate Audit Team, as needed, ensuring audits are facilitated easily and any recommendations effectively implemented
- Help to establish a framework for the ongoing review of existing controls to ensure they remain relevant to current business processes and are fit for purpose
- Ensure that all new business processes and initiatives being rolled out across Vrbo have adequate financial controls in place and also do not put any existing controls at risk
- Ensure that all areas of financial risk are clearly communicated and understood and that risk mitigation strategies exist
- Be a strong member of the Finance team, actively contributing and helping ensure Vrbo strategic initiatives have appropriate control framework.
- Provision of ad hoc business support as and when required
Who you are:
- Qualified accountant
- BA/BSc (2:1 or above) or equivalent; strong academic background
- Proven success of working within an internal audit or control environment, in a fast paced, evolving industry
- Excellent analytical, communication and influencing skills (both written and oral)
- Good understanding of the issues involved in working with cross functional teams across multiple time zones
- Proven ability to manage many conflicting tasks, and deliver against rapidly changing priorities
Professional, “get it done” attitude and work ethic
- Advanced excel and systems skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.