Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to solve a human challenge we all face: finding great care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, team players, and big thinkers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI, and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you like having autonomy, if you thrive on collaboration and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, Care.com is the place for you.
What Your Days Will be Like:
Care.com is seeking a Senior Director, FP&A, who will lead a world-class, modern, global financial planning & analysis organization. This position is responsible for supporting the financial planning & analysis function while serving as the liaison between Finance and the functional teams across the company and portfolio of brands. The ideal candidate will drive timely and accurate financial plans, forecasts, and reporting as well as provide financial expertise, identify risks and opportunities, and translate insights into action plans and see plans through to execution. The role is visible within Care.com and Care.com’s parent company IAC (NASDAQ: IAC).
What You'll Be Working On:
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization to help optimize and strategize around investment decisions
- Partner with executive team, and business leaders to oversee the company’s quarterly and annual budgeting processes, monthly rolling forecast, and long-term plan
- Identify risks and opportunities to management and recommend strategies to achieve company financial goals (monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-term)
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development of direct and indirect reports
- Ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to executive management, department heads, and other business partners
- Support Accounting and functional leads to continually develop & execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting and close processes
- Support key decisions (e.g. prioritize new growth opportunities, magnitude, and timing of infrastructure investment) by leading the team to produce financial models for recommendations to senior management
- Provide thought leadership on major initiatives directed at driving cost efficiencies in support of long-term planning
- Bring new thinking and ways of doing things to the function, as appropriate, including analyzing and pushing new metrics and performance indicators to help identify trends
- Continually improve processes and ensure consistencies, drive change as necessary, and elevate the level of reporting for the overall company, subsidiaries, and individual departments
- Be forward-thinking and focus on continually developing information, trends, and instincts to help predict issues before they occur
- Lead the development, preparation, and presentation of both short and long-range financial forecasts including maintaining Care.com’s 5-year strategic plan
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- 6-8+ years of FP&A experience around fast-growth companies
- Must have experience in the tech industry as well as management consulting or investment banking
- Demonstrated previous leadership experience, including managing, building, leading, and recognizing high performing teams with diverse levels of expertise, and creating buy-in for company initiatives
- A player/coach mentality with the ability to set high standards and foster a sense of pride and teamwork within the FP&A group. We run a lean organization, and look for leaders who are willing to dive into the details and “get their hands dirty”
- Exceptional systems skills, business intelligence reporting, dashboards, modeling, KPI development
- You thrive on adapting effortlessly to new business challenges and strategies
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior executives and department heads as a trusted and objective advisor with the know-how to motivate change and results by maneuvering through formal and informal organization channels as needed
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to manage up, down, and across business groups and stakeholders
- Experience providing decision support for a range of projects, investments, and strategic initiatives
- Deal effectively with ambiguities and be able to manage multiple projects through completion, often under tight deadlines, with frequently changing priorities and minimal supervision
- Ability to see “around the corner” - challenge the norms and processes and relentlessly look for ways to add value and to position the organization for success, while framing and sizing potential risks and opportunities
- You hold the highest standards for accuracy and precision for yourself and your team in the minutest of details
- Superb analytical/quantitative skills and strong executive presence
- Strong financial modeling skills and the ability to draw, translate and communicate critical insights into analysis
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to [email protected]**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families, to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).