Sr. Manager, M&A Finance at Atlassian
Atlassian is hiring a Senior Manager for our M&A finance team within FP&A organization. This role will report directly to Head of M&A Finance and will help define and drive Atlassian's financial framework in support of our M&A strategy. You will partner with our Corporate Development Team and business stakeholders on strategies to continue to WOW Atlassian customers with awesome products and technology . You will drive a consistent financial approach to evaluating potential M&A targets including a quantitative and qualitative approach to how the company considers risk. And you will play a critical role in acquisition integration and represent the interests of the Finance organization in ensuring a smooth and well executed integration plan.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Partner with Corp Dev and Product Teams to accelerate Atlassian's business objectives through strategic M&A
- Build detailed financial models / projections with a deep understanding of the Target businesses and its underlying metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Plan and execute financial due diligence analysis, including, but not limited to, quality of earnings, net working capital, indebtedness, revenue retention, and run-rate financial performance, as well as directing third-party vendors
- Interface directly with Founders and senior executives from Target companies to understand the trends and drivers of the business
- Drive integration plans from inception to completion, ensuring all workstream deliverables are completed on time and with quality
- Deliver progress updates to stakeholders and leadership
- Continuously apply a Finance lens across the M&A finance process to identify and execute optimization opportunities to improve the practice
In this role, you'll get to:
- 5+ years of experience in a financial/analytical role in tech, consulting, or investment banking.
- Strong critical thinking, organizational, interpersonal, communication and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Hands-on and strong financial modeling skills in Excel/Google Sheets.
- You have a strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and financial statements, particularly regarding conversion from cash-basis to accrual-basis financials
- Ability to draw upon insights and tell a compelling story involving business metrics to help influence key decisions.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and follow through
- You have an entrepreneurial drive to solve complex problems in a fast-paced and growing environment
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics), MBA and/or CFA is a plus
More about our team
Atlassian has a business model, with a focus on growth and profitability, that is rare among its growth technology peers. We also have an analytics DNA that runs deep through the company's core. FP&A is a highly visible team in the organization at the intersection of both these focus areas. The FP&A team is a hardworking and collaborative team with an unusual mix of technology industry, consulting and financial services background. Our responsibilities include facilitating planning, providing insight into business performance, supporting strategic decision-making and helping predict the future of the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We work closely with business leaders across all areas of the business to support the Company's continued growth. You'll join an extraordinary team that is passionate about Atlassian, its products, and its customers.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.