It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
The Strategic Finance team supports leaders throughout WP Engine in making critical business decisions with thoughtful frameworks and analyses. Reporting to the VP of Finance, this role will serve as a business and strategic advisor to the Finance and Executive team, helping craft the strategic direction and growth of the company. This role requires someone who is highly analytical and strategic, is able to communicate clearly and effectively, and thrives in a fast paced-environmentThe day to day.
- Partner with business leaders to provide analytical frameworks for optimizing decision making and identifying areas for growth and improvement
- Own Long-term planning process including 3 and 5 year strategic business plans, TAM analysis and sizing of new market opportunities
- Support annual and forward Business Planning and execution including assessments, routes to market, customer and market potential, and investment decisions
- Conduct high-quality analyses that uncover insights about the performance and operations of various functions and services provided within WP Engine
- Support the Corporate Development team in M&A due diligence including competitive analysis, operational due diligence and ‘build vs. buy’ analysis
- Support the VP of Finance in managing investor relations
- 7+ years of prior experience in Finance and/or Strategy roles (prior experience in public readiness is a plus)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels and the ability and willingness to coach, develop, and mentor others
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and action plans
- Strong financial modeling skills and communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) required
- Prior experience with financial planning tools (i.e. Adaptive), SQL, BigQuery, Looker a plus
- An analytical, creative problem solver who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- Background in private equity, investment banking or consulting preferred but not required
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.