Sr. Operations Analyst (Finance)
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a “Best Place to Work” in Austin 2018 is looking for a Sr. Business Operations Analyst for our Austin Four Point Office. As a Sr. Business Operations Analyst you will be responsible for designing and implementing processes that enable efficiency and effectiveness across multiple business teams including Finance, IT, Business Development, Sales, and Marketing. Working in close collaboration with other operations leaders, you will be tasked with critically examining existing business financial processes and interface points between teams. To build on existing successful processes, you must develop control processes that detect and/or prevent potential failures, inefficiencies and waste. Where mature processes do not exist your responsibility is to design, test, implement and drive adoption of stable processes that will allow for scalable growth. A successful candidate will combine operational experience and business acumen with a determination to drive meaningful change.
- What You’ll Do
- Conduct business analysis to ensure that the company’s practices are consistent with their stated business model, mission, and standards
- Review business process and company policies to help enhance workflow and develop a stronger company
- Accomplish business objectives by identifying and solving information and processing problems
- Collaborate to help find ways to create cost-effective business processes that will attract new customers
- Work to ensure that compliance standards and regulations are being followed to improve productivity and revenue making procedures
- Maintain system integrity and security / Establish and enforce organizational standards
- Conduct research / Investigate workflows and business procedure / Conduct internal audits / Perform system analysis
- Identify project requirements by interviewing stakeholders; analyzing operations; determining project scope; documenting results; preparing customer contracts
- Identify the defects in business models and operations
- Develop problem solutions by describing requirements in a work-flowchart and diagram; studying system capabilities; analyzing alternative solutions; preparing system specifications; writing programs.
- Develop project estimates by identifying phases and elements, personnel requirements, and costs
- Verify results / Conduct training / Write documentation / Prepare reports
- Evaluate data / Verify performance / Recommend change / Develop and update standard process / Prepare and automate report
- Who You Are
- Operations Professional
- 5+ years professional experience, including:
- 3+ years operations experience, preferably at a SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription based company
- 2+ years business operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- Familiarity with SaaS and Agile workflows/technologies
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zuora, and Marketo
- Demonstrated success with end-to-end process design, rollout, and project management
- Proven record using operations expertise to drive productivity, growth and profitability in a dynamic organization
- Mathematically Inclined - You have an advanced capacity for logical thought, explanation, and justification and to carry out procedures flexibly, accurately, and efficiently
- Problem Solver - You are proficient at using a combination of intuition and logic to come up with solutions
- Systems Thinker - You approach problem-solving with an eye for mechanisms, incentives and systematic solutions rather than good intentions
- Detail Oriented - You are an expert at dissecting the nuances of any project, when necessary, and recognize how critical it is to ensure that the small details are in line with the overall objectives
- Business Savvy - Your business acumen is derived from years of experience, ideally with exposure to Sales and Marketing in a B2B context
- Works Independently - Your experience allows you to operate independently and require little instruction on day-to-day work
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.