Sr. Specialist, Payroll at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a Senior Payroll Specialist that will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of 700+ employees. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who has compassion for customer care service, roll ups your sleeves and get things done attitude, paired with a drive for data accuracy and continuous improvement.
Why Join us? Our Payroll Department team at Workrise because we are committed to excellence and to learn and grow every day!What you’ll be doing:
- Process bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll cycles for the corporate payroll while maintaining a high standard of accuracy and timeliness
- Running Stock option payroll on weekly basis
- Resolves payroll discrepancies, and answer questions from employees when needed
- Manage accurate employee benefits deductions
- Process correct garnishment calculations and compliance
- Ensure proper taxation with federal and state requirements Improve data quality of payroll-related information to integrate with our platform
- 5+ years of Payroll processing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Paylocity experience highly desirable
- Strong knowledge and state and federal payroll laws
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (complex formulas, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables etc.)
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!