Staff Accountant I (Tax focus) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Staff Accountant I, specializing in Tax. The Tax Accountant will be responsible for tax compliance support, tax provision support, assist with various tax planning projects, and various Accounting operation duties (account reconciliations, period close, etc.). The ideal candidate is self-motivated, passionate about Accounting and Tax, and hungry to grow professionally.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare quarterly and annual tax provision (ASC 740)
- Prepare various non-income tax returns (U.S. and international)
- Prepare sales/use tax returns
- Review sales/use tax returns prepared externally
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state income tax returns
- Ensure proper coding of journal entries related to tax accounts
- Complete monthly close of general ledger accounts including review and reconciliation
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as requested
- Coordinate with other Accounting personnel, numerous departments, and external consultants.
- Research various tax issues (Federal, state and international)
Who You Are
- Accounting Degree - Bachelor’s required. Masters preferred.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and U.S. tax laws required
- 1+ years tax and/or accounting experience strongly preferred
- Computer skills needed with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and online accounting applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Accurate, detail-oriented, highly analytical, and adept at problem-solving
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask in fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with Intacct accounting system, Prosystems fx, and Salesforce a plus
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.