Staff Accountant I at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join its growing Accounting team and help take it to the next level. This position will be responsible for a wide variety of general ledger Accounting, month-end close, and various Accounting operation duties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, passionate about Accounting, and hungry to both grow professionally and help transform our team to a world-class Accounting team.What You’ll Do:
- Perform monthly close of general ledger accounts, including reconciliation of key accounts
- Work with an offshore team to properly record journal entries, apply cash receipts and ensure overall accuracy of our general ledger
- Review our cash application and financial close process and recommend steps for continuous improvement
- Assist in the preparation of our quarterly and annual financial statements
- Prepare key schedules, including equity and earnings per share, utilized in the financial reporting process
- Provide key inputs into our forecasting process with a focus on the treasury function
- Assist in the preparation of cross functional reporting and other ad hoc analysis as required by our business partners
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- A minimum of 2 year experience in a related role; Public Accounting experience a plus
- CPA or CPA candidate strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of financial statements and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and VLookups a must
- Experience with Intacct, bill.com, and Salesforce a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be detail-oriented, highly analytical, and adept at problem-solving
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.