Staff Accountant II – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Staff Accountant II supports the accounting department in areas focused around the daily processing of corporate, employee, property, fund, banking, and other various transactions. This position will report to the Senior Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, or Manager depending on the team structure.
- Assist in the daily processing of journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, banking, and/or reporting transactions as well as researching on the related areas
- Review, prepare and approve property and non-property related invoices and transactions
- Assist in the month-end close process and prepare more complex revenue and cost related transactions
- Prepare as well as review monthly reconciliations
- Lead the data collection and assist in the required analysis for all external audits, internal audits, and tax compliance requests by providing documentation support and supporting conclusions
- Mentor and train staff accountants
- Provide suggestions and solutions for process improvement
- Lead projects for process improvement and improving the overall closing timelines
- Takes initiative for problem solving within the team
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Accounting required
- 3 – 5 years accounting experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Intermediate to advance excel skills required.
- Must be able to work independently, effectively, and efficiently without extensive supervision
- Must be able to multi-task and be utilized across functions.
- Experience in real estate, preferably rental property preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in Austin, TX. We offer:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.