Staff Accountant - Tax and Treasury
Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
You are eager to grow your knowledge of accounting and tax in a progressive growth company environment. You also want to be on an accounting team where you aren’t just a number, and you take ownership over your work and get recognized for your value added. At Drillinginfo, we don’t believe that is too much to ask. We are growing our team of professionals to help with the everchanging technology and energy markets and are looking for qualified candidates. This position is based in Austin, TX and reports to our Senior General Ledger Accountant.
- Oversee treasury/cash management functions and support compliance with sales & property tax regulations and requirements;
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and oversee global bank account administration;
- Support debt accounting and compliance processes;
- Maintain processes for ensuring compliance with state sales and use tax regulations as well as foreign VAT/GST compliance programs
- Support various aspects of the monthly close process
- Coordinate with external auditors to support annual audit; and
- Assist with internal control initiatives and actively seek continuous process improvement opportunities.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s/Graduate Degree and CPA preferred
- 2+ years corporate accounting and tax experience
- Knowledge of sales tax compliance procedures
- Ability to research accounting and tax issues and draw logical conclusions
- Ability to work as a member of diverse teams including members from different functional areas and geographical locations
- Meticulous attention to detail while also able to see the big picture
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills, positive and professional demeanor
- Keen business judgement, focused, ability to prioritize, organized, project-oriented, ability to meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and adapt in an ever-changing growth company
- Self-starter; able to work with little supervision and ask for guidance as needed
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills