ScaleFactor, one of Austin's Best Places to Work For + voted Austin's Coolest Companies, is not your typical accounting company and you are not the typical staff accountant. We are a high-growth tech company that combines intuitive software with a dedicated team of in-house experts. And, we are looking for staff accountants to join our rapidly growing team. Come join us!
JOB TITLE: STAFF ACCOUNTANT
You are in the early stage of your accounting career with 2+ years of experience, passionate about technology and innovation and looking for a cutting-edge place to learn, thrive and grow. You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. Your problem-solving, proactive decision-making, and project management skills are top notch. Your accounting knowledge and administrative skills are some of your strengths as well as your ability to handle multiple customers’ needs concurrently and provide a delightful experience. You have a passion for accounting and you enjoy working on a multitude of accounting, finance, and organizational duties in a variety of areas.
Your day to day responsibilities as a staff accountant will vary significantly month over month but will include a mix of the following:
- Interaction with customers - responding to accounting inquiries, problem solving, and others.
- Performing routine accounting and/or digital bookkeeping for multiple customers including the management of accounts payable and receivable, payroll processing, journal entries, and financial statement preparation
- Producing financial statements for a reporting period, recording business transactions throughout the accounting period, adding any required adjusting entries and closing the books for that period
- Assessing and improving customer processes to increase efficiencies and improve financial reporting and business analytics
- Providing key analyses in transactional planning and advanced accounting topics
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or commensurate work experience
- 2+ years accounting experience
- Proficiency in Excel and working knowledge of accounting concepts (will be tested)
- Working knowledge of various accounting and operations software platforms & cloud based accounting tools similar to Xero, QuickBooks Online, Gusto, Bill.com, Abacus & others
- Full cycle accounting & month end closing experience
- Understanding of the accounting life-cycle and all that it entails for startups and growing businesses
- Previous experience with customer-facing roles
- Experience with managing multiple accounts simultaneously
- Tech start-up company work experience
- Work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work + voted one of Coolest Austin Companies
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options for all our full time employees
- Unlimited cold brew coffee, snacks, catered Friday lunch, meals on work late days
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
BE OUR NEXT STAFF ACCOUNTANT!
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your completed staff accountant application online!
Keywords: CFO, Controller, SOX/Internal Controls/Compliance, Auditor, Staff Accountant, Senior Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Specialist, Data Entry, Entry Level Accountant, Financial Reporting, SEC Reporting, Process Improvement, Management Consulting, CPA, CFA, MBA, Collections, Billing, Accounting & Financial Reporting, Financial Planning, Financial Analysis, Back Office Operations, Banking Operations, Collateral Management, Commercial Credit & Lending, Compliance, Corporate Actions, Credit Analysis, Underwriting, Derivatives, Equity Analyst, Fund/Portfolio Accounting, Government Clearance, International And Domestic Trade Support, Investment Analyst, Performance Analyst, Portfolio Administrator, Portfolio Analyst, Research Analyst, Intermediate Level Accountant, Other: Financial Planner, Cost Accountant, Portfolio Manager, Finance Manager, Financial Reporting Analyst, International Controller, Financial Analyst, VP Of Finance, Treasurer, Assistant Controller, Bookkeeper, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Mutual Fund Analyst, Credit Analyst, Payroll Clerk, Payroll Manager, Financial Assistant, Director Of Investor Relations, Procurement Specialist, Purchasing Manager, Fixed Asset Accounting, Business Process Reengineering, Risk Management, Value-Added Analysis, SAP, GAAP, Financial Projections, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Financial Statements, Expense Analysis, Tax Reporting, Tax Planning, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Portfolio Management, Cross-Functional Team Leadership, Financial And Strategic Planning, P&L Management, Auditing And Compliance, Operating And Working Capital, Budget Management, Mergers And Acquisitions, Cash-Flow Management, Business Valuations, Data Warehouse Reporting, Audits And Compliance, A/P, A/R, Regulatory Accounting, Microsoft Excel, Bank Reconciliations, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, Spreadsheet