Staff Accountant – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
Amherst Holdings is a leading real estate investment and advisory firm that has made a significant investment into the single-family rental sector. The Amherst Single Family Equity Division has raised more than $6b of equity in various ownership vehicles that currently own and operate ~22,000 homes in 25+ different markets across the United States.
The Amherst Single Family Residential Division is seeking a self-motivated, driven, intellectually curious accounting or finance professional to join the Accounting and Finance team as Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant supports the accounting and finance teams in various areas focused around the daily processing of property-related, banking and investor-related tasks.
- Daily posting of cash related entries. Initiate bank transfers and payments as needed
- Responsible for reconciliation and analysis of banking information
- Maintain account records with various financial institutions.
- Ensure that all lender cash covenants are adhered to.
- Maintain auction cashier check logs, funding bank balances, and reconciliations.
- Record journal entries.
- Reconcile and analyze expenditures and receipts.
- Take ownership of assigned balance sheet general ledger reconciliations. Use materiality thresholds to determine if any corrections should be posted prior to completing the month-end close process
- Assist in the annual audit and tax compliance process by providing supporting documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience
- BS degree in Accounting preferred, but not required.
- 1 - 4 years of accounting experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred.
- Experience in real estate, preferably rental property preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.