Personify is the leading solution provider that empowers the best constituent-focused organizations to succeed. Through our constituent engagement software and services, we help our clients better interact with their constituents at every touch point. After 20+ years of innovation within the industry and hundreds of successful outcomes, our clients have trusted us to be their primary technology partner.
We are looking for a bright, energetic Accounting professional to join our team. Personify is a fast-growing software company. The position will support various aspects of Finance and Accounting for the company.
The candidate will be a bright, self-starting, energetic, focused individual with a willingness to seek out increasing responsibility and challenge. The candidate will need to have strong problem-solving skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills, and ability to work with others. This position will support various aspects of the financial cycle including, but not limited to, assisting general accounting responsibilities, journal entries, intra-company transactions, account reconciliations, accruals, and payroll activities.
- Assist in all month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries related to headcount costs, specifically payroll, fringe, accrued bonus, etc.
- Prepare monthly & quarterly analytics and fluctuation analysis
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts associated with employee costs
- Coordinate cross functionally with HR, Procurement, Payroll and Finance to manage employee cost center membership
- Compile and analyze financial information to help with the preparation of financial statements including monthly and annual accounts in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close activities in assigned work areas
- Prepare schedules and supporting documentation for internal and external audit
- Assist in the identification and resolution of accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Assist with other areas of accounting and complete special projects as needed
- B.S/B.A. in Accounting, Business or Finance
- 3+ years of experience accounting environment (payroll accounting experience a plus)
- Proven success performing the responsibilities of a month-end close process
- Highly detail oriented, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work co-operatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external customers to maximize performance, creativity, and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication; strong business writing and communication abilities, including the ability to effectively document the procedures performed to complete an assignment, the results found, and conclusion reached
- Capability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Proven capability to learn new accounting system
- Familiarity with Netsuite
- Industry experience in Enterprise Saas