Staff Accountant at RigUp
What you'll be doing
- Assist in month-end close activities, including basic journal entries and account recs.
- Work with other staff to ensure accounts payable and accounts receivable are maintained.
- Manage daily operations of the accounting team email by answering inquiries, processing and coding invoices, helping with weekly payment runs, etc.
- Prepare and complete bank recons, cash journal entries, payment applications, credit applications, etc.
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Assist the team in developing and maintaining timely and accurate financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Assist with other areas of accounting, process improvements, and complete special projects as needed.
- Help support the year-end financial audit process with external auditors by helping prepare schedules and pulling supporting documents.
What we're looking for
- Experience: 1-3 years of hands on, full-cycle Accounting experience (public accounting experience or experience in a start-up a plus)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance (Accounting preferred)
- Basic operational knowledge of U.S. GAAP Basic ERP experience, NetSuite is a plus
- Intermediate excel skills
- Self-driven: You need an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and conviction, even under minimal supervision
- Detail-oriented: Your work is reliably accurate and organized even when working fast
- Constant learner: You want to grow your areas of expertise as we grow our product and business
- Motivated: You take initiative and seek out responsibility, you want to grow in your responsibilities
- Adaptable: You will need to be ok with change, wearing multiple hats, and be flexible in your day to day, prioritize
- Collaborative: Team player with the ability to work with all levels of employees, both internal and external, to ensure performance and excellent standards are maintained
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary