Staff Accountant at Whole Foods Market
- Assist with the monthly intercompany close process, ensuring accuracy, compliance, and completion of relevant accounts.
- Prepare journal entries during monthly close process.
- Prepare transfer pricing workbooks and post corresponding entries.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of intercompany charges and accounts.
- Execute & reconcile monthly settlements.
- Perform detailed and analytical reviews of monthly intercompany financial information to ensure integrity of reported results and compliance with US GAAP and internal accounting policies.
- Ensure appropriate communication to impacted business partners as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the requirements of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act.
- Support business owners on implementation, execution, and compliance with SOX requirements.
- Foster a collaborative team environment ensuring strong customer service is provided.
- Help establish and monitor service agreements with business partners.
- Develop relationships with global, regional, and related-entity teams.
- Suggest process improvements to facilitate streamlining and automation.
- Prepare periodic census and statistical reports for governmental entities.
- Assist with audits.
- Respond to periodic inquiries and perform ad-hoc analyses.
- Perform special tasks and projects in relation to functional responsibilities or other areas as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Accounting experience (3-5 years).
- CPA certification is a plus, but not required.
- Financial ERP and reporting experience in Workday and Hyperion/Essbase is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, accounting principles, policies, and practices.
- Knowledge of PCAOB and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and analyze financial reports, accounting literature, and technical issues.
- Advanced Excel and intermediate Word software skills.
- Knowledge of and commitment to WFM culture and core values a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong transactional aptitude, analytical skills, and experience in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- Ability to question information received for appropriateness and completeness.
- Genuine team player mindset with a sense of humor, patience, and strong business and reporting ethics.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.