Staff Internal Auditor at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
Bright Health is seeking a Staff Internal Auditor for its rapidly growing organization. In this role, the Staff Internal Auditor will support the building of a value-added internal audit function that focuses on the risks that matter, is collaborative and innovative. The Staff Internal Auditor, with the support from Senior Auditors, will perform assigned individual audit projects or portions of projects to evaluate companies Internal Controls and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives. The Staff Internal Auditor will also support Audit’s annual risk assessment and the corporate Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program, prepare audit reports, report results to management and other related duties. This is a dynamic position that requires working with personnel across all functions of the company and at varying levels of responsibility.
The Staff Internal Auditor job description is intended to point out major responsibilities within the role, but it is not limited to these items:
- Perform operational, financial and compliance audits and develop recommendations for improvement. Develop audit programs, evaluate controls, document audit results, make recommendations, and communicate findings to various stakeholders in the organization
- Perform or assist in the performance of SOX compliance activities, system implementations, special projects, including SOX risk assessments, fraud investigations, audit department policy updates, due diligence acquisition reviews, etc.
- Prepare work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and management’s planned corrective actions
- Assist in the Company's Enterprise Risk Management initiatives, including assessing risks; identifying current and planned mitigation strategies; evaluating effectiveness of management action plans, and reporting findings
- Maintain or acquire sufficient knowledge of authoritative and regulatory issues governing accounting, auditing, healthcare or other fields as required to complete audit assignments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- 1-3 recent years’ experience within SOX, External Audit, Internal Audit, and Internal Controls, or related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to present findings and make sound recommendations
- Exposure to internal auditing standards of GAAP and SOX
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Previous experience in the health industry (e.g., payer, provider care)
- Data analytics/business intelligence experience
- Information Technology General Controls knowledge
- Service Organization Controls Reporting knowledge
- Previous experience with Big 4 accounting firms
- Experience conducting fraud analysis and collaboration in investigations
- Mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, business process/system integration experience
- Proven analytical skills - defining problems, collecting relevant data, drawing valid conclusions, and recommending improvement/corrective actions
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team
- Exceptional communication skills that provide the ability to interact with all levels of the organization with a high customer service orientation
- Ability to negotiate and inspire effective, timely, proactive or corrective action by management
- Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio
BEHAVIORAL AND LEADERSHIP NORMS
- Bright Values: Lives the Bright Values. Given the individual role in the organization, creates a culture of positivity within team. Leads by example. Acts with quiet, calm determination. Effectively influences in team setting.
- Communication: Is an effective communicator. Internally, leads 1:1 and small groups of people in meetings. Capable of developing agenda, setting objectives, driving clarity of purpose and delivering the intended results. Can clearly articulate an inspiring goal/objective for each teammate and define success.
- Delivers Results: Is results oriented. Focuses on results, not effort, and is able to efficiently direct time and energy to achieving intended outcome. Takes strategic company initiatives and translates them to implementable processes that drive outcomes. Achieves strong results within their functional area. Focuses on managing against a predetermined set of objectives and creates and follows process.
- Prioritization: Establishes priorities by looking to predetermined goals in the organization. Is capable of deciphering priorities for self and for others and focuses the group on what must be done today, and who must do what. Is flexible and agile and can quickly reset priorities within team with clarity of purpose.
The position’s preferred location is Minnesota on a hybrid work environment or in one of the main company hubs. There is flexibility to allow 100% remote with very minimal travel.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.