Stock Plan Administration Manager
At LegalZoom.com, Inc., we exist to democratize law. But we're not satisfied with simply opening the doors and letting our customers fend for themselves. We cut through life's red tape by creating experiences that speak in life terms, not legal ones. To succeed at this, we must bridge life and legal with clarity and resolution.
LegalZoom.com, Inc. is seeking a Stock Plan Administration Manager to join our finance team in Austin, Texas. This role will be responsible for the day to day activities in administering our global equity program including: all aspects of record keeping, reporting, compliance and reconciliation. The Stock Plan Administration Manager needs to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all equity data in our record tracking systems, and be able to work closely with cross functional teams of employees. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a high level of accuracy, ability to focus on detail and strong technical skills.
What you’ll do:
- Maintaining the company capitalization table.
- Administering all of the company's equity programs and ensuring that all equity transactions are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner.
- Responding to questions from employees regarding equity grants and exercises in plain, non-technical language.
- Processing equity transactions in compliance with current US and international rules and regulations, control environment and governing stock plan documents, ensuring the integrity of the stock administration system, interfacing with Payroll, Accounting, HR, Legal, brokers, transfer agent, and external management software provider.
- Maintain responsibility for confidentiality of company and employee information.
- Reconciling plan reserves, transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required.
- Generating and reviewing for accuracy recurrent and quarterly reports for Finance, Payroll, HR and Legal.
- Preparing Equity Summaries for board meetings to include proposed equity grants and summaries of equity pool.
- Working with internal and external auditors and other internal stakeholders for quarterly reviews, year-end audits.
- Work with Finance team to develop internal controls over financial reporting.
- Communicating plan provisions to employees and resolving employee issues or concerns as appropriate.
- Creating, maintaining and updating procedure documents, providing analysis and support for special process improvements, project enhancements and educational initiatives.
- Having the ability to communicate with all levels (including executive management and Board of Directors) and explaining stock options, restricted stock (units and shares), performance awards and employee stock purchase plans.
- Performing other duties and ad hoc projects and reporting as requested.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in company stock administration.
- Understanding of accounting rules associated with stock plan administration, including stock-based compensation, and management of stock options, restricted stock units and/or performance-based stock awards as well employee stock purchase plans.
- Strong critical thinking skills and discipline to deliver complete and accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, consulting and problem solving skills with the ability to lead by influence and example.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to deliver identify and implement process improvements.
- Excellent project management skills with ability to manage several initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information.
- Experience working in a company environment on equity taxation, reporting and compliance strongly preferred.
- CEP, Level 1 or 2 (or in process of obtaining) certification strongly desired; but willingness and ability to earn the designation will be considered.
- Knowledge of Certent or other stock administration software strongly preferred.
LegalZoom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to diversity.