Strategic Finance Associate, Investor Relations at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
The Strategic Finance Associate will play an important role in helping Cloudflare achieve and exceed its growth and profitability goals. You will work with many facets of the business to provide visibility on all things financial to key stakeholders, surfacing new insights, and improving processes. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, able to communicate financial insights, and recommend appropriate actions. Typical responsibilities include:
- Maintain corporate long-term financial model and develop forecasting models to help the company manage long-term growth and opportunity
- Perform financial, strategic, and competitive analyses, including unit economics modeling, industry and peer benchmarking, market/valuation trends, and ad-hoc projects to support strategic and financial initiatives
- Build models and leverage data analysis to understand complex relationships, identify and synthesize key trends, and gain insight on key metrics, financials, drivers, and scalability
- Support quarterly earnings process and craft key talking points, including preparation of earnings press releases, call scripts, financial outlook, Q&A, and accompanying investor and board presentations
- Review and analyze analyst research and models, consensus estimates, peer estimates, sell-side research, and market-related trends impacting valuation and perception
- Develop a robust understanding of key metrics and drivers, identify/track business themes, and support the collection and analysis of relative stock price movements, analyst and investor perceptions/opinions, and investor ownership
- Assist with investor targeting and outreach efforts, ESG research and reporting, and content management on investor relations website
- Partner closely with other teams including Corporate Finance, Accounting, Business Intelligence, Legal, Sales, and Communications, to understand drivers, trends, opportunities, and to share insights and recommendations
- This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Strategic Finance Manager
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience, preferably in investment banking, equity research, and/or an investor relations role at a public software/internet company
- Sophisticated financial and analytical skills with ability to interpret information and financial concepts for management and the investment community and apply them in business analysis situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of technology and business models, with desire and capacity to learn about our industry, products, competitors and other key audiences
- Strong intellectual curiosity and high attention to detail with the ability to keep the big picture in mind
- Highly-motivated, energetic, and resourceful team player
- Results-oriented, ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, and Google Slides; experience with financial research tools such as FactSet is a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.