Structured Finance Associate
Amherst Residential is a vertically integrated owner-operator with more than 20,000 single-family rental homes across 28 markets in 19 states. Underpinned by proprietary data and technology, Amherst Residential combines national scale with local market expertise and on-the-ground execution to serve institutional and retail investors and consumers.
Amherst Residential is seeking a Structured Finance Associate to join the growing Capital Markets team based in Austin, TX.
- Develop analyses and presentations to market Amherst to institutional investors and lenders
- Perform financial analysis and underwriting, including statement spreading, risk assessment, projections and sensitivity analysis, collateral analysis and completion of credit approval documents
- Review and track loan covenants to: (a) ensure facilities maintain compliance and (b) manage legal processes in the event of covenant breach or default
- During deal execution, work with investment team to develop reporting and key performance indicators and help structure monitoring packages
- Coordinate with the finance team on funding requirements, notices and reporting
- Work with cross-functional internal and external teams in executing transactions; coordinate with key internal stakeholders (legal, finance, credit strategy, credit ops, marketing and sales, product, etc.) to ensure that the transaction addresses competing constraints
- Review investor reports for accuracy and completeness
- Evaluate structures, risk rates and underwrites companies with risk exposure or potential risk exposure to the firm
- At least 3-5+ years’ of capital markets or structured finance experience
- Hard-working, quick learner, detail-oriented, well-organized and the ability to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
- Ability to adapt, plan, act and communicate quickly and effectively under considerable pressure in a complex environment
- High level of analytical, strategic, and lateral thinking; attention to detail and precision
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics is required