Tax Analyst at Unity
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity.
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join Unity and play a key role in our expanding global tax team. As a Tax Analyst, reporting to our Senior Tax Manager (based in San Francisco, CA), you will be responsible for establishing new processes and procedures for US indirect tax compliance, as we bring this function in house.
You will be responsible for our US and foreign indirect tax compliance and ensuring timely filing of monthly and quarterly submissions. You will also be instrumental in identifying changes in the taxability of our create and operate products, globally.
There is plenty of planning to be done and we want your ideas. Come be a part of our journey!
- Assist our EMEA and APAC tax teams with the preparation of data collection for monthly, quarterly, and annual sales VAT returns
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly and annual income tax provision, including account reconciliations
- Manage the sales tax exemption process
- Support various income tax and other indirect projects
- Develop operational process improvements in indirect tax, sales tax exemption, and other tax compliance workflows
- Tax experience in Accounting Firm and/or Corporate Industry
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Accounting or related field
- Business partnership skills, ability to work in team environments
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in analytical roles with attention to detail
- Experience with Avalara and Workday Financials
- Current CPA, or actively pursuing CPA license
- MAcc, LLM, MBA, or other relevant graduate degree
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.