Procore is looking for a Tax Director to lead the tax department and manage all global tax matters including compliance, planning, and accounting (ASC 740). In this role, you’ll define and execute our tax strategy, lead and build our tax team, manage consultants, and partner with stakeholders across the organization to support our growing business.
As Procore’s Tax Director you’ll work closely with finance leadership on strategic priorities. You’ll oversee a broad range of tax matters including U.S. federal, state and international income taxes, sales tax, employee-related tax, transfer pricing, accounting close and financial reporting.
This position reports to our VP, Corporate Controller and is based out of our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA or our San Diego, CA, Alameda, CA, or Austin TX offices. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and grow the tax department, which includes a senior tax accountant and third party advisors
- Oversee completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support; manage audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings
- Manage computation of worldwide income tax provision and related income tax financial statement disclosures
- Responsible for tax-related SOX policies and procedures
- Tax strategy, including international planning, mergers and acquisitions, tax studies and advising on tax considerations related to corporate strategy
- Manage the implementation of tax planning projects and the integration of target companies into Procore’s tax operations process
- Monitor transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Liaise with foreign operations on tax matters related to their operations (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.)
- Conduct extensive communication with leadership across business functions (Accounting, Legal, Treasury, Financial Planning, Operations, HR)
- Monitor legislative changes in foreign tax laws that may impact tax positions, including tax accounting implications
- Oversee special projects as required (E&P studies, 382 studies, deferred tax analysis, etc.)
- Manage outside tax consultants and advisors and supervision of tax accounting staff
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting or Tax. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation is preferred
- CPA preferred
- 8+ of related experience, preferably with a mix of public accounting and multinational corporate environment
- Strong ASC 740/financial reporting skills required
- Technology industry experience, with SaaS industry experience, preferred
- International tax experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, strategic thinking, and attention to detail
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.