The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Tax Manager is a highly visible role across the organization. In your role you will provide guidance on our global tax structure including tax provision, tax planning and tax compliance and play a key role in cross functional initiatives.Responsibilities
- Manage worldwide GAAP tax provision, tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures. Lead compliance (US Federal, US States and International), accounting for income taxes, technical research, process improvement, and risk and controls
- Ensure compliance with US and international tax laws and regulations, US GAAP, SOX, and other domestic and international requirements
- Review, analyze and maintain support for valuation allowances and stock compensation impacts of US and Foreign employees
- Manage monthly and quarterly close activities including tax journal entries, general ledger accounts reconciliations
- Manage state and local tax nexus matrix and documentation of indirect tax law developments including past, present and potential future tax laws, regulations, rulings, procedures and court decisions
- Coordinate with outside firms in the preparation of various monthly/quarterly US federal, state and local tax filings and assist information gathering
- Actively partner with foreign operations on local tax matters (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.
- Manage indirect tax compliance and risks, implement indirect tax reporting policies and procedures
- Understand billing and reporting systems and providing system and invoicing requirements related to changing tax laws or business operations
- Manage tax audits
- Provide active support in strategic decision-making, due diligence, mergers/acquisitions, restructuring, etc. to ensure business planning accounts for relevant tax considerations
- Continue to develop and implement transfer pricing strategy, monitor transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Lead automation and digital transformation for tax function
- Assist in developing and mentoring team members in the US and foreign locations, encouraging a collaborative team atmosphere
- Building, maintaining, and leveraging close working relationships with internal partners, including executive management, financial reporting, accounting, treasury, legal, HR and business operations
- 10+ years of professional experience in tax accounting, including at a public, technology company
- Experience with tax accounting for valuation allowances, treatment of stock compensation, international tax structure and cost sharing structures
- CPA license required; Masters in Tax preferred
- Deep technical expertise with demonstrated experience resolving complex tax issues
- Experience successfully managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to executive leadership
- Proficient with indirect tax engines (Avalara, Vertex, Taxamo) and compliance software and experience with ERP systems (Netsuite, SAP)
- Experience analyzing and documenting sophisticated tax issues
- Ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment as part of a multi geographical team
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.