Transaction Coordination Associate—Acquisitions
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The Transaction Coordination Associate is a key contributor to the growing Acquisitions team who helps facilitate the acquisition of targeted single family residential properties. The Associate will work in coordination with many of our business partners (full Acquisitions team, Accounting, Closings, Real Estate agents, and Escrow companies) during the transaction of real estate and effectively manage negotiations with outside Agents as well as administrative tasks involved in closing a property acquisition.
- Close coordination with the Underwriting Analysts to produce optimal bids for acquisition targets and employ negotiation with outside Agents when needed
- Data entry
- Handle inbound and out calls with title companies, real estate agents
- Maintain / manage active files
- Follow deadlines and ensure compliance within the timelines
- Perform additional duties as requested or assigned
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in real estate contracts, title and escrow, or mortgage origination
- Self-motivated and dependable
- Customer service focused and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Look for innovative ways to improve our business
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.