ABOUT THE ROLE
The Vice President, Field Finance is a critical part of the Bright Health Plan Finance leadership team and is responsible for defining and leading Bright Health Plan’s product and field finance capabilities, with particular emphasis on building a market-level medical cost management program that supports our market leadership and connects into our broader medical cost management program. The role will also serve as strategic advisor to Bright Health Plan’s CEO and CFO on financial and operating performance of acquired entities, initially focused on our overall Medicare book of business. In addition, this role will oversee Bright Health Plan’s Reimbursement Policy function and ensure that policies are developed and implemented with key stakeholder, regulatory and performance considerations in mind. Lastly, this role will build a comprehensive competitive intelligence program that crosses all lines of business and supports each line of business President with meaningful, actionable competitive intelligence that will be used to drive strategic partnerships, positioning and pricing decisions. As additional priorities are developed by the organization, this role will serve as a flexible senior finance leader to address key issues and drive to resolution, as needed.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will have a proven track record of succeeding in fast-paced and complex health plan settings. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated ability to connect complex business processes across multiple functional areas and who sees both the “big picture” and understands the business levers that drive outcomes. The leader we seek leads with an accountable mindset and has the ability to influence others at all levels, regardless of your direct responsibility for the business goals. Critical to success is the ability to organize complex communications in succinct and effective verbal and written communications to promote alignment and clarity of goals amongst the broader organization.
- Build and lead competitive intelligence capability that serves all lines of business within Bright Health Plan
- Lead product finance capabilities (operating improvement and financial performance orientation), with initial focus on Medicare line of business
- Develop the Market Medical Cost Management capability of the organization in partnership with the Markets team and the overall Medical Cost Management program
- Lead the Reimbursement Policy function and ensure policies contemplate all stakeholders, regulations and performance expectations
- Build, develop, and mentor team
- Responsible for overall direction, supervision and coordination of the Competitive Intelligence, Market Medical Cost Management and Reimbursement Policy teams
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving problems
- This position will initially oversee a staff of 8 including senior leaders and analyst level positions
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- Fifteen (15)+ or more years health plan business finance experience (Required)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point (Required)
- Previous health plan experience, preferably in one of more of the following areas: financial planning and analysis, market-level financial and operational experience
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal teams to effectively understand issues and mitigate risks accordingly
- Experience and strong influential skills to manage cross-functional, virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex business problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with and influence internal executive sponsors
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.