Vice President, Finance
We are searching for a Vice President of Finance to partner closely with the WP Engine C-Level team and lead a smart and diverse team of finance professionals. You have the opportunity to be a part of our continued growth and help set the direction for the next chapter of our story. You will work closely with the business to ensure the finance function supports and facilitates growth. You will have spent time in large organizations and capable to roll up your sleeves and operate in a fast-paced growing company.
What you'll do:
- Partner and work collaboratively as a trusted advisor with the CEO, CFO and the Executive Leadership team on initiatives, budgeting, reporting, and operational models
- Build and establish the financial plan that aligns with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Provide insight and recommendations to short and long-term growth plans of the organization
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization – running goals, budgets, and forecasts
- Support business teams with sound analytics and decision making around pricing, partnerships, and key contracts
- Support M&A efforts with insightful financial analysis and due diligence
- Improve and further develop a dynamic, high-performing team, working cross-functionally with all other functions in the company
- Forecasting and Reporting: Drive department-level budgeting, tracking and reporting processes, with the goal of consistently forecasting and beating quarterly expectations. Improve the forecasting process through increased automation and process optimization.
- Planning: Develop robust short-term financial plans and own all aspects of the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow projections.
- Review long-term financial plans and analyses, including budgeting, forecasting, resource management, and multi-year financial plans
- Build and maintain the annual operating plan and monthly operating budgets
- Prepare and present monthly financial budget reports including monthly P&L, forecast vs. budget and cash flow
- Ensure that all key partners are provided with accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting which is meaningful to the business
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in finance leadership roles
- M&A experience (international & domestic) including performing due diligence and post-close integration
- Highly analytical skills with a strong eye for business and the ability to cross between the strategic and the detail
- Confirmed experience leading a global team and ability to influence cross-functional initiatives
- Hands-on leadership skills with a pragmatic business-focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike, being proactive and willing to take action, where necessary
- Shown ability to lead and motivate teams: achieving organizational focus on key priorities, providing clear direction, delegating, actively communicating and coaching/mentoring
- Outstanding communication, organization and presentation skills
Read Full Job Description