Currently, only 1% of data is even being accessed and leveraged by businesses, according to McKinsey and Company. This is because to access large scale distributed data today is far too complex. As the adoption of advanced analytics, machine learning, IoT and artificial intelligence continues to accelerate, data availability will be the primordial ingredient required for implementations to be successful at scale.
Organizations have reached a tipping point in data access where the effort involved in making data accessible is far exceeding the value the business can create with the data. Business analysts and data scientists who are tasked with extracting value from data are simply wanting to make real-time decisions, glean insights instantly, power applications and monetize information, however the volume, complexity, and exponential growth of data has led to an environment where we are making decisions on only a fraction of the data and where it takes 4-6 weeks and millions of dollars to fulfill even a simple data or analytics request.
Molecula’s vision is to unlock human potential through the power of real-time data. Our core technology is an enterprise feature store that solves the massive data readiness problem and allows companies to focus on extracting value from their data. We are a cohesive team determined to bring about a complete transformation in the way enterprises and application providers advance through data at the speed of thought.
Molecula is looking for a Vice President Of Finance to join our team as a dynamic, strategic leader at a rapidly growing company. This position reports directly to the CEO, and will work closely with other members of the senior leadership team. In this role you will be responsible for the entire finance function, including FP&A, accounting, investor relations, and strategic financial planning. As the organization grows, you’ll partner with executive leadership and hire a best in class finance team. Ideally you have worked in a hyper-scaling environment, been through many rounds of venture and growth financing, have reported to an amazing CFO, and are now looking to lead the entire function for the first time.
- Business Partnership: Partner with Molecula’s senior leadership team to ensure the company sets and hits forecasts, builds capacity to support growth, and effectively manages its cash conversion cycle.
- Financial Infrastructure: Design, modify, and implement a financial infrastructure for a company in high-growth mode, spanning various areas such as financial reporting, analysis, forecasting, and accounting.
- Communicate Financial Strategy: Effectively communicate Molecula’s financial strategy and priorities, such as aligning OPEX and headcount requirements with growth expectations.
- Forecasting and Reporting: Drive the budgeting process and KPI tracking on a department level for consistent forecasting. Develop a cadence for monthly and annual financial reporting to investors, board members, the leadership team and the entire company .
- Planning and Accounting: Develop short-term financial plans and cash flow requirements, and own all aspects of the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
- Influence Change: Bring strong business and operational orientation to the table and partner with senior leaders of an organization to influence business decisions and strategy.
- Human Resources: Responsible for HR related administrative tasks, including onboarding new employees, assisting with benefit enrollment, and general HR functions.
- Develop Talent: Partner to build and develop the broader finance team into a world-class organization focused on performance and career development.
What You’ll Need (The Basics):
- 10+ years of financial management experience
- Led Finance/FP&A for an early stage startup, understands the variables in early stage companies
- A track record of close partnership with the senior leaders of an organization, influencing business decisions and strategy
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Known for developing high performing teams, fostering collaboration, protects culture
- Domain expertise is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.