We are searching for a Vice President of Finance to partner closely with the WP Engine C-Level team and lead a diverse team of finance professionals. You have the opportunity to be a part of this growth and to help set the direction for the next chapter of our story. You will work closely with the business to ensure the finance function supports and facilitates growth. You will have spent time in large organizations and you are capable of rolling up your sleeves and operating in a fast paced growth company.What you'll do:
- Partner and work collaboratively as a trusted advisor with the CEO, CFO and the Executive Leadership team on initiatives, budgeting, reporting, and operational models
- Build and establish the financial plan that aligns with the company's plan for growth and expansion
- Provide insight and recommendations for short and long-term growth plans
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization – running goals, budgets, and forecasts
- Support business teams with sound analytics and decision making around pricing, partnerships, and key contracts
- Support M&A efforts with insightful analysis and due diligence
- Improve and further develop a high-performing team, working cross-functionally with all other functions in the company
- Forecasting and Reporting: Drive budgeting at the department level, tracking and reporting processes, with the goal of consistently forecasting and beating quarterly expectations. Improve the forecasting process through increased automation and process optimization.
- Planning: Develop robust short-term plans and own all aspects of the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow projections.
- Review long-term financial plans and analyses, including budgeting, forecasting, resource management, and multi-year financial plans
- Build and maintain the annual operating plan and monthly operating budgets
- Prepare and present monthly financial budget reports including monthly P&L, cash flow, and forecast vs. budget
- Ensure that all key partners are provided with accurate, timely and relevant financial reporting which is meaningful to the business
- Minimum of 15yrs proven experience in finance leadership roles
- M&A experience (international & domestic) including performing due diligence and post-close integration
- Highly analytical skills with strong eye for business and the ability to cross between the strategic and the detail
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Hands-on leadership skills with a pragmatic business-focused approach to the delivery of service and projects alike, being proactive and willing to take action, where necessary
- Shown ability to lead and motivate teams: achieving organizational focus on key priorities, providing clear direction, delegating, actively communicating and coaching/mentoring
- Outstanding communication, organization and presentation skills
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.