“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
The Vice President Finance-Government Programs is a critical part of the Bright HealthCare Finance leadership team and is responsible for defining and leading Bright HealthCare’s product and field finance capabilities in support of the Medicare line of business and eventual addition of a Medicaid line of business. This position will directly or indirectly lead a team of finance professionals focused on:
· Budgeting and forecasting for the markets, products and centralized costs associated with the Medicare line of business,
· Working closely with the Medicare and Medicaid Line of Business Presidents and other key leaders to achieve budget and forecast commitments on membership, revenue, medical and operating costs through implementation of key initiatives across the business,
· Serve as strategic advisor to Bright HealthCare’s CEO and CFO on all Medicare and Medicaid line of business decisions,
· Partnering with the actuarial team on annual bids and business cases for new market and product expansion,
· Ensuring newly acquired entities are acclimated to key Finance business processes,
· Developing and building a Government Programs finance organizational structure that properly balances national and local expertise,
· Partnering with the centralized Medical Cost Management team to identify, size, prioritize and ensure successful execution of medical cost management initiatives, and
· Allocating resources across the business to achieve optimal results.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter and will have a proven track record of succeeding in fast-paced and complex health plan settings. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated ability to connect complex business processes across multiple functional areas and who sees both the “big picture” and understands the business levers that drive outcomes. The leader we seek leads with an accountable mindset and has the ability to influence others at all levels, regardless of your direct responsibility for the business goals. Critical to success is the ability to organize complex communications in succinct and effective verbal and written communications to promote alignment and clarity of goals amongst the broader organization.
- Budgeting and forecasting for the Government Programs business in partnership with key operators and finance personnel.
- Partner with Medicare and Medicaid Presidents to achieve budget and forecast commitments through implementation of key initiatives across the business.
- Serve as key advisor to BHC CEO and CFO
- Partner with actuarial team on annual bid process and new product/geographic expansion business cases
- Lead integration of newly acquired entities into BHC finance business processes
- Develop and evolve the Government Programs finance organizational structure to ensure balance in national vs. local expertise
- Partner with centralized Medical Cost Management team to identify, size, prioritize and ensure execution of medical cost management initiatives
- Allocate resources to the Medicare and Medicaid lines of business to ensure the business delivers optimal results
- Other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Required), MBA (Preferred)
- Fifteen (15) or more years’ health plan business finance experience with emphasis in Government Programs (Required)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point (Required)
- Previous health plan experience, preferably in one of more of the following areas: financial planning and analysis, Medicare experience and market-level financial and operational experience.
- Strong collaboration skills to work with internal teams to effectively understand issues and mitigate risks accordingly
- Experience and strong influential skills to manage cross-functional, virtual teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and identify regulatory and implementation risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize simultaneously
- Ability to perform critical analysis of complex business problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Ability to effectively engage and interact with and influence internal executive sponsors
- Advanced time management, project management, and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, problem solving ability, and overall positive attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility, organization, and self-motivation
- Adaptable to change
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology, and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized, and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities, we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.