Open the door to your dream job and join #TeamMainStreet. With more than 22,000 homes in 30 markets, Main Street Renewal is one of the largest providers of single-family rental homes across the country. We understand that our employees are the invaluable drivers of our success. That's why we hire the most talented, passionate individuals who enjoy contributing to a growing, winning team. Here, you'll be a part of a fast-growing company dedicated to providing a best in class leasing and customer service experience to our residents.
Overview of the Company:
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.
The VP of Finance – RE Ops will be reporting to the SVP, Head of Finance – MSR and play a key role in delivering the following key responsibilities:
• Analyze the financial activities within the real estate operation of Amherst to ensure reporting accuracy, maximize profits, and the organization is on target for growth.
• Advise the company with options to make strategic decisions about the organization.
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Review and approve tasks completed by the Analysts and Senior Analysts.
• Train and onboard new team members.
• Ensure the team tasks is completed timely.
• Lead employees in learning and development, goal setting and accountability, priorities check-up, mentoring, and performance review.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement and commitment to quality and accuracy.
• Other duties as required and necessary.
Required skills and qualifications:
• Proven track record of operational experience with creative problem-solving skills.
• Flexible in a high-growth and fast pace environment.
• Highly skilled in communication, keeping the group informed of all critical and up-to-date information
• Experience in managing a team of at least 5 or more.
• Minimum of eight years of experience in a management role.
• Real estate industry experience is preferred, but not required.
• Experience in one of the big four accounting firms preferred, but not required. Other public accounting experience will be considered.
• Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Master’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting or CPA
Our full-time employee benefits include:
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO including 7 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and 1 volunteer day
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Up to 16 weeks paid maternity leave; up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
- Backup childcare offered through Bright Horizons
- Relaxed casual environment with virtual office events
Main Street Renewal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.