VP of Finance
DISCO was initially developed at a litigation boutique in Houston. It was born in 2013 out of the firm’s frustration with conventional eDiscovery tools that were slow and difficult for lawyers to use. Instead of being forced to adapt our work methods to technology, we wanted to invent technology that works the way lawyers work. DISCO was the result, and today we are the fastest-growing legal technology solution in North America.
We are looking for an experienced Finance leader excited to play a key role in our growth by providing insightful financial analysis that drives our long-term operational and financial plans. This person will work directly with our CFO and a cross-functional leadership team to set strategy, develop and manage budgets and the long-term financial forecast, and drive initiatives.
Who You Are
- You are a proven strategic Finance leader, with 10+ years’ experience finance, business operations or corporate strategy
- You have a solid track record of building and managing high-performing Finance teams, preferably in a rapidly-growing B2B SaaS environment
- You have excellent people and analytical skills; ability to partner cross-functionally with a dynamic leadership team
- You have the ability to work in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity, efficiency, and results
- You know how to balance agility with building systems and practices required for scale
- You are comfortable and confident presenting data and recommending strategies to executives and board members
- You can challenge the norms and processes and relentlessly look for ways to add value and to position the organization for success
- You have strong financial modeling skills and the ability to draw, translate and communicate critical insights into analysis
- You have experience leading an FP&A team within a large private/public company
- You have attention to detail and the highest standards for accuracy and precision
- BS in Finance or related field, MBA highly preferred
What You’ll Do
- You’ll develop effective monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial operating plans driven by key and longer-term strategies in collaboration with the CFO and the leadership team
- You’ll build alignment, focus, and efficiency across all functions (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Product) via metrics that drive the financial plans; improve operational visibility and drive appropriate business actions; highlight trends and analyze causes of variance in actuals vs. forecast
- You will measure and communicate the health of our B2B SaaS sales and marketing strategy, e.g. sales efficiency, conversion rates, COGS, churn, renewals, etc.
- You’ll build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders across the organization to help optimize and strategize around investment decisions
- You’ll provide ongoing mentorship, training, and development of direct and indirect reports
- You’ll ensure consistent monthly, quarterly and annual communication of results, forecasts and action plans to the Board, executives, and other business partners
- You’ll continually improve processes and ensure consistencies, drive change as necessary, and elevate the level of reporting for the overall company, subsidiaries, and individual departments
- You’ll support key decisions (e.g. prioritize new growth opportunities, magnitude, and timing of infrastructure investment) by leading the team to produce financial models for recommendations to senior management
- You’ll leverage and improve system implementation efforts for future scale, to increase productivity and accuracy of the FP&A team and support critical analyses to executive and business partners
- You’ll lead the annual budgeting process, including identifying key drivers and sources and levers of revenue growth, modeling scenarios, developing a realistic projection to support investor and Board expectations and working with the CFO, executives and leadership team to develop a robust budget which withstands rigorous testing
- You’ll produce business case methodology and appraisal processes that ensure all material investment decisions are understood, rigorously challenged and supported by appropriate financial analysis to maximize ROI
- You’ll play a key role in the creation of Board materials and content for quarterly operational reviews.
Location and travel requirements
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.