VP, Valuation at Amherst
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.The Amherst VP, Valuation oversees and manages all aspects of Amherst asset valuation requirements. Acting in a support, coordination and oversight role, the VP, Valuation works with accounting and portfolio management teams to ensure all assets are fairly valued in accordance with the company’s valuation policies. This position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
This individual will manage all Amherst related valuation requirements across the SFR space and potentially CRE lending.
- Lead the valuation process in performing monthly/quarterly valuations of all real estate interests across the Amherst Platform
- Coordinate and review third-party prepared valuation models as part of applicable quarterly and yearend valuation process
- Determine relevant valuation assumptions based on historical performance, collateral type and economic scenarios
- Coordinate with external auditors on specific valuation related questions
- Work with internal deal teams to gather data and information pertinent to the valuation of portfolio companies
- Report and present analyses and conclusions, including written reports, to internal valuation committees
- Perform valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Lead strategic projects Design, validate and execute valuation models for structured products and loans
- Run P&L attribution testing and analysis
- Other duties as necessary
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of real estate and/or structured finance valuation experience required
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Big 4 or public experience preferred
- Prior modeling experience in one or more of the following financial products: ABS, RMBS, MBS
- Robust interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments, deal with interruptions, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment
- Strong knowledge of modeling principles
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.