Head of Data Strategy
Amherst InsightLabs (AIL) is a technology company with over twenty years of success developing and optimizing data analytics platforms for the real estate market. Having honed a unique analytical approach across residential real estate, commercial real estate, and fixed income, our platform powers various real estate business strategies including mortgage securitizations, asset management and a single-family buy-to-rent. Our data, technology and risk-management solutions provide our clients an edge in navigating today’s real estate markets.
We are seeking an experienced data and technology innovator to join our senior leadership team to modernize our data platform and help us maintain our industry-leading position in the real estate market for the years to come.
- Define and drive data strategy across Amherst InsightLabs and internal business units to build a best in class data platform to drive current and future products, analytics and modeling
- Provide vision, strategy and policy guidance for data acquisition, data usage and data management activities
- Deliver strategic and tactical planning, focusing on solutions for current and future business data problems and opportunities
- Ownership of data collection with a focus on data quality and integrity
- Roll out enterprise-wide data governance framework, with focus on organization, policies, principles and standards, and governance metrics
- Establish and maintain strategic working relationships with senior business leaders, outside companies and/or software/data vendors
- Remain current on relevant industry research pertaining to data analytics, data modeling, machine learning and scientific computing
- Identify innovative solutions to drive new business development opportunities
- Develop, lead and manage the data team
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in data, data analytics and/or data visualization
- Degree in Computer Science Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a quantitative discipline. Master’s degree is preferred
- Deep technical knowledge of current enterprise data and analytic platforms, technologies and data tools for today’s modern world
- Extensive experience with the following technologies: RMDBS, Statistical Packages, Big Data Storage Platforms, Cloud computing, Machine Learning concepts
- Advanced financial/quantitative analytical skills
- Prior experience designing data & analytic strategies and communicating the vision to a community of business stakeholders
- Extensive experience leading large, complex technology projects, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation, analysis, design, and deployment
- Proven track record in managing a team, and successful ability to influence others toward achieving shared goals
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both business and technology representatives, with a strong understand of business data requirements and technology capabilities
- Entrepreneurial vision for technology, analytics and business growth
- Prior experience in financial services, mortgage or real estate highly preferred
Amherst Holdings LLC is a privately held corporation and is located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a beautifully renovated modern workspace with the latest technologies.
We offer a competitive compensation package including bonus, 401k, flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time, employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision), maternity/paternity paid leave, life insurance and more. Our new office features a large gaming area (ping pong/pool table/golf), on premise fitness center with showers/lockers and towel service, free snacks, and beverages (beer fridge!), breakfast taco Thursday and daily catered lunches!