Associate People Services Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin for 2021 is looking for an Associate People Compliance who is an ambitious, technically savvy, problem-solving, organized individual to support our human resources efforts in the areas of People Compliance and company culture.What You’ll Do
- Own dynamic template library (including offer letters and other auto populated communication) to ensure compliance by delivering accuracy and standardization throughout.
- Administer separation documentation provided to exiting employees in coordination with HRBPs, Payroll and PEO.
- Facilitate onboarding of independent contractors, temporary employees and other contingent workers.
- Review processes associated with onboarding to ensure proper classification and appropriate onboarding documents are utilized to gain compliance.
- Management of all records management activities ensuring proper electronic records retention in the HRIS system of record and employment files.
- Participate in onboarding, offboarding, and data management audits of the HRIS system of record.
- Facilitate addition of new locations process in partnership with PEO, Legal and Tax.
- Auditing of transfers and promotions processed in HRIS.
- Communicates with new hires and employees in regards to onboarding and offboarding.
- Facilitate onboarding/offboarding M&A processes during pre and post acquisition.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested.
- 3+ years related experience with at 1 - 3 year HR experience
- Extensive employee and contractor onboarding/offboarding processes experience
- Knowledge of employee records management compliance requirements
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office products, Excel-wizardry a plus
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented and analytical
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer oriented with a true desire to be of service - a passion for going above & beyond
- Self-motivated, open minded, and flexible to deal with occasional ambiguity
- Ability to practice absolute discretion and to maintain as confidential all company, departmental and other proprietary and sensitive information
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with a smile and a sense of humor
- Prior knowledge of an HRIS required