Benefits Manager at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The Benefits Manager will lead a team responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining our benefits, wellness and leaves of absence, while providing superior customer service to Bright Health employees. This role is a highly collaborative team player responsible to build and maintain a best-in-class human resources operational infrastructure by being proactive and creative, making sound business decisions that align with Bright Health’s growth strategy, goals and culture.
• Oversee the design, development, implementation, compliance, and administration of employee benefits and wellness programs, aimed at attracting top talent and supporting employee well-being
• Establish a benefits and wellness strategy that reinforces our mission to enhance the health and well-being of the people we serve
• Benchmark existing company benefits with those of peer employers by analyzing other plans and surveys to stay ahead of industry trends and best practices
• Lead the benefits renewal and annual benefits enrollment process: recommend enhancements, estimate costs of new plan designs, maintain benefits materials, design and execute communication strategies that prioritize the employee experience
• Lead the discovery process for acquired businesses to ensure our benefits integration strategy is informed and market competitive
• Act as a liaison between benefit vendor, brokers, and employees for escalated benefits concerns and issues
• Manage the distribution of plan related documentation such as summary plan descriptions, annual reports, and required notices; ensure all required benefit reporting is completed timely
• Support the administration of employee leave programs including leaves of absence, short and long-term disability, workers’ compensation, and requests for reasonable accommodations; ensure compliance with FMLA, ADA and other applicable laws and regulations
This position has supervisory responsibilities for the benefits team.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field; or equivalent experience is required
• Seven or more years of experience working in human resources benefits is required, preferably with a broad scope of responsibilities
• Three to five years of experience in a manager level role is desired
• At least 3 years’ experience integrating newly acquired businesses into people functions highly desired
• At least 3 years’ experience in fast-paced, high growth work environment highly desired
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
• Experience working with and optimizing HR platforms
• Experience managing and drawing insights from data
• Exceptional ability to work through ambiguity and add organization to chaos
• Strategy driven, with an execution mindset
• Exceptional time and people management skills
• Customer service oriented with a project management approach
• Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
• Friendly, energetic and comfortable making decisions; works at a fast pace
• Team member who believes success is not defined by any one individual, but rather by the collective work of the entire team
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.